Extra long period & bleeding is getting worse.. adult content

My periods are usually exactly 5 days, with just light spotting on the last day. this time my period started normal, but now im on the 8th day and the bleeding is getting heavier than ever, with large clots in it. What is going on??? do I need to call the dr?

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 10:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• Did you change birth control,got your tubes tied?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes, call and if your bleed and clot (bigger then a half dollor) go to the e.r.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree with both above posters.... mine changed drastically after having my tubes tied. Now if you haven't had anything like that done, then I'd go to the Dr asap

roseisrose

Answer by roseisrose at 10:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I have not had anything done, I just had a baby 2 months ago, but this is my second cycle since baby was born & the first was normal. I am not on birth control, and have been "sexually active" using only condoms. now I am bleeding through tampons like crazy.
    sarahlu

Comment by sarahlu (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• make an appointment to see the doctor
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 2:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2011