Did you little ones do this too

My son is 15 months old as of today. hes been doing this for a while now. He spilled a little water on my bed and i said uh oh you need to clean it. so i gave him a hand towel and rubbed the sheet. So cute Lol
then today he peed on my carpet, no big deal. He doesnt like wearing clothes so hes naked. He peed, looked down and stopped him self. he walked back, peed and then stopped. I said u need to clean that. so i gave him a towel and he rubbed the carpet to clean it up. Earlier today i gave him his shorts and shirt because he spilled water on himself so i told him can you put this in the laundry basket? He didnt say anything (he doesnt talk, babbles only) and he ran naked to the laundry basket in the kitchen and threw it in there.
Personally i find it great hes so smart. my older two kids (girls) developed a lot slower and never did this. Do your kids do this ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son does similar stuff. If there's trash he throws it away, if there's something we on the floor on on himself he will attempt to clean it, if there is a mess he tries to clean it, and if his clothes are dirty he knows where they go. He also is an avid hand washer and teeth brusher. He also knows how to start the dish washer, he knows what buttons to push, not strong enough to press them himself. Knows how to open doors, not so great, turn off the lights, throw his laundry in the washer when I do laundry. Overall I'd say I think most babies are interested in mimicking what the people who are around them do. My hubs is a neat freak and his son happens to mimick him. Works to my benefit being that I'm the not so tidy one.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My did and does this as well.. he is 3 1/2 now but when he was 12mo he loved sweeping and would help clean up, hated when he got dirty while playing and wouldn't continue until he was clean again.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My son is almost 2 now, and he's been "helping" clean for about 6 months or so. Gets his little vacumn out everyday when I vacumn. He throwns his own diapers in the garbage, he puts his clothes (and sometimes daddys) in the laundry basket. And he'll help with most other little things I have him do....its fun and cute and SUCH a good start for really becoming a big help for you later.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 11:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My son copys everything I do lol...he always wants to wipe the table or start the dishwasher. He loves "helping me" He loves throwing things away too
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 2:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yeah my kids all do that. Its so cute but when they get older they refuse to clean up anything!
    HappyMomma2832

Answer by HappyMomma2832 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• lol im pretty much gonna quote domonique... my son is exactly the same. and it has to be them copying cuz my husband is a neat freak too!! we actually just did a chore board for my 2 (3 in sept). make bed, brush teeth, clean room, sort laundry on laundry days, and all his toys in his room. even without the board tho, he picks up his toys (when i tell him lol he is not too good at that), he always cleans up messes he makes like spilling water. he puts laundry that is downstairs in the dryer lol he cant reach the washer. he loves to wash his hands after he eats. he loves to help me do dishes and knows what buttons to push on the dishwasher to start it. he loves to put things where they belong. i hope our next one is like this too!
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 9:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2011