How can I get my six year old to go poop in the potty and not in his pants?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is he special needs?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• get him on a regular diet, keep an eye on when and what time of day he normally poops. then every day around that time put him on the potty until he goes. be consistant with this and it should work.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• 6!!! He is not potty trained!!! How is he supposed to go to school? They have to be potty trained!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It's probably behavioral. Try going without pants just a long shirt or do a reward system.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Is he adopted? Special needs? Are there any other issues or possible symptoms? Im only asking because this is deffinitely in the range of abnormal child behavior. I would talk to my kid's doctor about it. Has he done it at school? Usually the embarassment is enough to make a child stop this. Maybe he has a bowel issue and lacks control? Maybe he has a developmental issue and doesnt comprehend? Maybe he has an attachment issue and is doing to control his environment? I would talk to a doctor and go from there.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 10:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2011