Tubes tied

I am thinking of getting my tubes tied. What are the pros/cons of it? I have an appt with my ob Wed and want to discuss it with him

sunsetbeach81

Asked by sunsetbeach81 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• I got mine tied after the birth of my dd. I do not know for sure if u can "untie" your tubes or not, but I don't think u can. U will not be able to have anymore kids, or there is also the possiblity of a tubular pregnancy which can kill u if u do not seek help ASAFP, but it is pretty rare.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• U cannot have any more kids. If u get them cut and tied,u need to get them burned too so there is no risk of u getting pregnant and having a medical emergency.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Dancer, have you had a tubal ligation? No offense, but your way off. The way they do it now it's pretty close to impossible to get pregnant again. I had mine done. My doctor has seen one pregnancy in 13 years from a tubal! It's that rare. I like mine. I don't regret my decision either. I have weird periods, some really heavy. But I still don't mind it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• They don't " tie " tubes anymore. If you cauterize and separate far enough away, there is no need for cutting.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It's like an our patient procedure now a days. When I was done, had four band-aids. That's all....
    It's just if your sure, your done having kids.
    I don't regrets it.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Not to sure my doc would not do mine because of my age, but we did have a lengthy discussion about it and it seems they clamp them now. He did let me know in doing this the procedure can be reversed and you have a moderate chance of conceiving again. A talk with your doc and partner (if applicable) would be the best!!!! GL
    kelli.mccarty

Answer by kelli.mccarty at 12:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Kelli that's a different type. If you get a bilateral tubal ligation, it's not reversible.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I had my tubes tied after my 2nd child when I was 29! It's great birth control --- no more pills or shots!!! But, I still get those "what if?" feelings, ya' know! Sometimes, I wish I still had the option of having another child!!! Would I do it again? Maybe I would have waited at bit longer .... (mine's not reversible) :o(
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I still had those feeling many years after but now, looking back. I'm glad I had it done.
    Couldn't imagion having a three year old, right now. I'm happy with my three kids. It was just baby fever...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2011