I need guidance :-/

I've been texting with this guy I met online.. he seems like a sweetheart but we had tentative plans to meet tonight and I have had a headache all day.. I told him this but we've been texting all day anyway.. he lives in a neighboring town about an hours drive from here & just told me he is up here & getting a bite to eat at a local restaurant close to here! He doesn't have my address, this isn't a safety issue, I just feel kinda mad or pressured now and my headache has actually gone away.. idk.. should I be flattered or happy he drove all this way or mad that he didn't respect me wanting to wait. Oh .. & he doesn't know my headache is gone.. what would you think! Is this guy gonna try & be the boss of me if I fall for him?! Oh .. & he said he's waiting for me there..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe he's just excited about meeting you. I say give him the chance whether you feel like doing it tonight or a different night is up to you.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 10:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i'd tell him that i was busy right now but if i had time later i'd meet him if he was still in town...see how he reacts. then go from there. if he tries to push you to come see him, then he may try to be the "boss"...and i'd stay away. if he says ok whatever, maybe go see him later. are you sure he's here to see you? or maybe he's here for another reason?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i mean another reason and just happened to see if you were available to see him while he was here...sorry, i had to clarify that
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would have a back up plan just in case, or have someone call u (emergency fake call) in like 30 min and and if its good to go have a code word saying hes cute or if he is ugly and rude ect and have a code word for that to like u have to go home your kid is sick or something. You also u should have 2 friends go to the resturant and remain in the background so he doesn't know they are there just in case he is serial killer.LOL I had a blind date, and lets just say, I have seen dogs asses look better then he did! I told him I had to use the little girls room, and left.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yeah he came to see me.. he doesn't know this town or anyone in it to my knowledge.. he's sitting at Aoplebees, lol I've had bossy boyfriends in the past and although he's never struck me that way this kind of gives me pause.. maybe I'm overeacting..?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Just go! What other reason do you have other than you want to be in control?
    It's hard to judge someone online, so I'd go, see if anything clicks. If it sucks, you got a free meal at least! And you can leave at any point, if you feel he's controlling or wrong for you. What do you have to lose?
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 11:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Atleast he asking to meet you in a public place. Did you ever think he could have been excited just to see who he has been talking to all this time? It doesn't hurt to go but it's up to you:)
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• He could be just hoping you will come see him, he could be excited like the one momma said. I would go meet him, dont let him follow you home or anything and see how it goes.
    gsae

Answer by gsae at 11:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Honey, he wants a fast piece of ass. And possibly one of those fried onion things.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• HAHAHAA fistandantalus!!! I ended up telling him last night wasn't gonna work for me.. he was really cool about it, maybe I'll give him another shot today.. maybe.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2011