Should this upset me?

We were having a family bbq on the 4th. and I noticed my niece and dil talking. Then I didnt think anything of it. But then I NOTICED my DIL gave my niece(22yr) a pill..really bothered me so I asked my son what kind of pill that was. And he said xanax. which dil is prescribed those for aniexty.. But I dont need her getting my niece buzzed of pills.. ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, because it is illegal to give someone who hasn't been prescribed medication, and that could get your DIL into a lot of trouble.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• yep, & I agree with hopeand glory.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• not to mention overdoses death prison time
    Anonymous

• I would confront them both, my guess they both know they did wrong they just assume that know one saw them.
    gsae

Answer by gsae at 11:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• uuummmm YES
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would talk to them, maybe they dont realize how much trouble they could get into. few years ago i was having some issues and stressed beyond belief and a friend gave me a xanx and said here this will calm you down. I thought nothing of it since the nursing home I worked at xanx was a prn(as needed) med for several patients. well the next day I went to work everyone got a suprise drug test and I failed cause i had barbiturates in my system. I was confused at first, then when the person doing the test asked if I had taken xanx and if it was prescribed to me. I refused to say who I got it from so I got fined and had to take drug classes, on top of everything I was fired from a job i loved. sharing meds is serious, they need to know that.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'd be upset. I'd be talking to some people right about now.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No. They are adults, and they can make this choice if they like. Is it illegal? Sure, just as illegal as my husband giving me one of his migraine pills when mine are all out. But that doesn't make it any of your business. Unless your neice CLEARLY addicted, or your DIL is selling them, it's really none of your business.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 6:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would be pissed and would have addressed it as soon as i noticed it......
    debbie26

Answer by debbie26 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I'd be upset 2, whew! its def a NO NO ... its consider illegal & u can get ur a** to jail for that=(
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 10:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2011