I feel guilty:(

my 4yr has been talking all day.. we had had talks abt the beach , the troll under the bridge crabby patties.. we were mermaids when we went swimming. but now 8pm I NEED SILENCE.. AND Im just giving hime ONE WORD responses.. Im drained

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I feel the same with my six years old. Drained.
    ganna04

Answer by ganna04 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I know I only have one.. But my one is a handfull and a half
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Dont feel guilty...feel like a MOM! LoL

Some days I cant wait til the kiddos bedtime, just so I can have a few minutes of peace with my hubby before we fall into bed. Its completely normal.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 11:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I love how my son is so excited abt everything. Really I do. but sometimes, Not all the time. I feel like Im **on** with him. BC I want to be as happy as he is. but im not 4yr LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Four year olds are tough on any parent. By 8 p.m. they should be in bed sleeping. However, prior to that I would tuck him in bed, give him a kiss and tell him how much you love him. Then I would tell him there's so much to talk about tomorrow and that you look forward to those conversations but they require a good night's rest first. I know that's easier said than done, but consistency is the key, which gets easier each passing evening.
    arnptee

Answer by arnptee at 11:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• my 5 year old daughter does the same thing! its normal 2 just want silence every once in a while momma dont feel guilty *hugs*
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• thats funny...its a parent thing tho we need our time too even tho we rarely get it....i went and saw the troll under the bridge in Seattle yesterday!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Don't feel quilty for needing quiet time. I agree about the re enforcement of how much you love him and enjoyed the day. Kids pick up on your mood and it sounds like you are doing an excellent job. I volunteer at a pre-school and see kids who are starved for affection so give what you can, but take a moment for yourself so you don't wind up resenting givng up yourself.
    Onslow

Answer by Onslow at 11:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Don't feel guilty. Sometimes I think they just like to hear their own voice! Quite is good!!!
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• You're a "normal" mom! My children are grown, but when they were small, I needed quiet time, too. You also need a break as an adult and woman. Do not feel guilty. Sit him down and try to explain to him how mommy needs quiet time, especially after a busy day, so you can be ready for the next day. Tell him it's good for him to have some quiet time for himself, too. That way you both can feel happy and excited for your special times together.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2011