Does anyone elce hate......

That Christmas has turned into nothing more than a reason why you need a new WII or the newest coolest IPOD or some stupid touchscreen cell phone? What happened to family and baking cookies with the kids and being EXCITED for that!
It feels like what used to be barbies and trucks on kids wish lists has turned into digital cameras or some stupid robot that charges all your crap.
Anyone wish we could live the simplier life?

This world we are living in makes me sick.

ReadyToRage

Asked by ReadyToRage at 1:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Holidays

• ct..
    And another thing, Why do we all have to have hudge discoutions about Christmas not being about the birth of the lord. I mean damn, if people are going to REALLY sit here and say that and that it was never about god or that it was a walmart made holiday then you really know that the end is near.
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 1:20 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I'd have to agree with you.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree! We do not celebrate christmas for the right reasons. I feel sooo bad when I can't get my kids what they want and what everyone else has! I don't know how everyone keeps up, because DH and I make pretty good $$$
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I wish the simple life was here. I have begun to dislike Christmas time, over the years.
    It is all about Materilistic things,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Our baby is only 5 months old. We've decided that while We are going to make Christmas a Huge deal, our focus will be on Family. Just a few gifts. We also decided that every year we are going to take our child to one of those giving trees, you know the ones you see at Wal-mart with all the cards on them, and have him pick something out for another child. We figure that by starting early, that our children won't expect Christmas at our house to be a huge lavish affair.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• are you not buying gifts for anyone?
    isnt it about giving whether it be a gift like an ipod, or something more helpful like how about money to help with family in need, or having just a simple dinner or smething? its what makes the people happy and its about giving and the birth of jesus. just like the three wisemen brought gifts....

its how it works for a certain person. yours may be diferent than mine. mine, im broke! and my family doesnt mind tht i cant get them gifts personally, but my mother is helping me as HER gift so i can get a few nice CHEAP things for my family. because that is what it is about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I don't agree that EVERYWHERE is like that. I live in a pretty little town and it isn't like that here. But my spirit was shot down when that poor man that worked at wal mart was trampled to death by stampeding black day shoppers.... I hate what we have become....
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Since when has Christmas NOT been commercialized?

For heavens sake - it is what you make it.

Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing. Concentrate on your own family and perhaps setting a good example of Christmas cheer - it's certainly better than complaining!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Christmas is what you make it. In our house it has nothing to do with lots of big, shiny, expensive gifts. The kids get presents but not a lot. We usually spent about $75 on each kid and that includes books (which are expensive), movies and games that are for the whole family. They don't get everything they want. In fact they rarely get what they "want". I try to make the holidays about the traditions I remember most from my childhood. I can't tell you what I got for Christmas when I was 6 but I can describe my mom standing in the kitchen in her apron baking cookies while me and my brother licked the dough from the mixers. That's what counts.
    And Christmas for us also has absolutely nothing to do with religion. It is never mentioned in our house. You do holidays how you want, I'll do it my way and everyone can quit worrying about how everyone else does things.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2008