If a child is having behavior issues due to aspergers syndrome and is adhd also

can you apply for ssi? i notice she does not understand alot of things girls her age should even after i explain it to her. she gets so frustrated easily. she bangs her head into walls and does not realize she is doing it , loud noises affect her to. today my 3 month old daughter is very cranky due to teething and my older dd had to walk away. and she dearly loves her sister but it was upsetting her and her eyes started to darken which meant she was going into a meltdown. somehow she managed not to not sure how. but at school and around stores etc it is a different story. she also has a learning disability to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know if you can get ssi,but just wanted to say that many people with aspergers can learn to manage their troubles and grow up to be productive. Is she in any kind of therapy? I understand about the noise and her having to get away as that is a trait that many with aspergers have.

Why would you want ssi? For access to medical coverage and treatment?

I have aspergers and still struggle with many things especially sounds, even the sound of an airconditioner running can drive me nuts and I schedule my shopping around times where it is less busy to avoid the crowds and the noise that comes with them.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It never hurts to apply.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• yes i would want it to help with her therapy my hubby is not currently working and it is a struggle to do her therapy now. i thought about going and applying and see if they deny her or not
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2011