How do you discipline yourself with dieting????

Im tryin to go on a diet cuz im fat.....i REALLY wanna come through this time so pleeeeaase any ideas on how i can make myself do it?

raeyliNlilysmom

Asked by raeyliNlilysmom at 11:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i don;t diet,,,ewww and did you know that desserts spelled backwards = stressed just thought i would share lol
    MAFIAMAMI

Answer by MAFIAMAMI at 11:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• lol.....dang you now im hungry for some cheese cake!!!! ;P
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i take green tea pills , they curb your hunger and appetite. you could get it at walmart for about 5 bucks for 30 pills. its all natural too.
    you should also drink lots of water and eat foods high in fiber because high fiber foods keep you full for longer periods of time.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Don't diet but eat small amounts often. Lots of fruits and veggies and water. Green tea is good but you can also get Chromiuim to curb your appetite. It is all natural and really works! You are actually not supposed to allow yourself to get hungry! if you are hungry when you eat it takes longer to send message to your brain saying you are full and you make bad food choices! I do not go to store hungry either if i can help it. You make not so healthy choices that you then end up with at 11 oclock at night! lol GL!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Keep a food diary. Write down everything you eat for 2 or 3 days without dieting in a any way. Then go back over it when your days are up and circle your good choices and cross out your bad ones. Having everything written down will really make you realize what you are doing wrong and what you are doing right. Then whenever you go to eat something, think about your diary. If it is something that you would be mad about going back and reading, then you shouldknow not to eat it. Also, try to drink one or 2 full glasses of water before every meal. It will help fill you up
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I just consider how much work it takes to burn off a slice of cheesecake or whatever. It's not often worth it! It takes awhile to get to that place where you're totally ready to commit to losing weight. I'm eating clean, and I've lost about 65 lbs so far. I also run and do strength training, and some cycling. I started a weight loss journal, and I keep motivating images and quotes there, I write down my workouts, and I write whatever else I feel I need to. I have a list of reasons why I want to lose weight on the first page to remind me. It helps when I lose my motivation (which we all do along the way). Only YOU can make yourself do this, and figure out what works for you, but I would stay away from any pills or supplements. You need to create lifelong habits if you want the weight to stay off for the long run.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Dr Phil book about weight loss. I read in it one sentence that motivated me. It was Be-do-have Until you reach your prefered weight goal. Important word is Until.
    LadyGI

Answer by LadyGI at 7:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2011