Is this a part of depression

i feel like a outsider to the world. i feel no one wants to be around me or to talk to me. even affects online games i play. to be honest i been stuck in house for almost a year only getting out to go to store for a hour or so grocery shopping, i just got a vehicle and got it fixed so we are able to leave more. all my friends are out of state. i talk to very few in my family. and since my dad died i cry a lot which i know the crying is depression and the suicidal thoughts i was having to. i am on medicine for it but i feel like me being away from everyone is better. that i would be stressing to much of thinking about what they may be thinking or saying about me. if i did not have my children i would probably never leave the house and just stay inside. i feel like i do not deserve anything good in my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• Definitely talk to a professional before it gets any more serious. Asking for help is the first step in acknowledging that you have a problem. For your children's sakes, make an appointment soon. Perhaps the medication is not the right one for you or you need a stronger dose. When you're suffering from depression, it's very hard to get motivated to do anything. I know because I've been there and back. I still have anxiety and depression, but I'm getting a lot of help dealing with it. My children are grown adults. Life continues to be a constant battle for me, but I've found that the best thing for me, besides the meds., is counseling and sharing my feelings. Communication skills do not come easily, but learning them is healthier than isolation. I wish you well.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes it is part of depression.
    Anonymous

• That sounds like part of the illness, mama. Talk to the doc who is prescribing the meds for you . . .you might benefit greatly by a change in med or dosage. You'd be really surprised how much that can help.

Hang in there mama.\

Hugs
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• you are going through isolation issues with your depression I have been there myself where I totally withdraw because I don't want to be around anyone, some of the other feelings could also be linked to perhaps a social anxiety, talk to you doctor about it
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 1:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2011