Anti Virus

What is a good anti virus? I have avast right now, but being told its not that great

justalady774

Asked by justalady774 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Technology

• It's more a matter of personal choice. I've had many people swear that Norton is the best! And our computer repairman loves norton, and says that every customer who buys norton, never has another virus issue. I used it, I've also used AVG for many years. AVG is a free-download. Then the Geek Squad at Best Buy tried to tell me that AVG lets alot of viruses through. I had been using it for ten years straight. So I bought Kasperski from them, and installed and ran it. It found NOTHING. If AVG didn't work well, my computer should have had tons of issues. I hate Kasperski. It's supposed to be really good, but it really slows my computer down. Every single time I power up, it takes about twenty minutes before my computer is ready to accept a command. If I get impatient and click on something, it freezes and has to reboot. I'm going to eliminate Kasperski soon.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Pay-for-it: Trend Micro is the best, Norton is the worst (it's a virus/worm of it's own)

Free: Avast! I've read nothing but good about it and use it myself. If you wanted to Trend Micro does free "housecalls" but you have to manually scan your computer
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I use the Norton Suite
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Microsoft Security Essentials
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I like avast:) It is free and it works.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2011