If your husband is friends with his ex-wife but they have no kids together

would you have a problem with them being friends? I'm not talking about them going to lunch together or calling every day. I'm talking once in a while one texting the other "have you seen the Bank of America bill?" or "how was your job interview?" or her coming over here when nobody is home like once every 3-4 months to visit their dogs kind of thing.

I personally don't have a problem with it but am interested because quite a while ago I posted something similar and I had a lot of negative feedback that exes should NEVER be friends unless they have kids together. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Well, the dogs are really his but she was with him when he got them and she has known the dogs for 5 years so she misses them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No ma'am that will not be going on- my husband has a child outside of our marriage and they barely speak and when they do its about their son-no texting about a basketball game or her favorite show ect
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Will not be tolerated but if you're cool with it I guess its okay
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Well I guess the fact is, he's married to me. If he wanted to be married to her, he could be. But he tells me whenever they talk and I trust the guy.............
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• If it was my husband I don't know how comfortable I would be with that it probably wouldn't fly though, if they wanted to be close they would have stayed married. But if it's something you are okay with then more power to you.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• If they'd been together for years, they can still be friends. I wouldn't have a problem with a few text here and there but would not want her coming over to our home. You mean she just goes in your back yard, not in the house, that's okay.
    I guess.
    Its awesome that your understanding...,
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Well, I try to be. She is older than him, has health problems and he worries. I mean, she had 2 heart attacks. But my husband is a very nice guy with no enemies. They were together about 10 years.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Jul. 10, 2011