PLEASE!

Sign this petition! WE ARE THE CHANGE!!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/lets-get-federal-justice-for-caylee-marie-anthony-by-having-casey-anthony-prosecuted-in-federal-court

While Casey Anthony was acquitted of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and aggravated manslaughter of a child, by the State of Florida, it is our belief that Casey Anthony should be found guilty of homicide and a variety of other Federal crimes, in a US Federal Court, under the Dual Sovereignty Doctrine. Please sign this petition if you would like the FBI to provide the US Attorney's Office with the evidence surrounding the Casey Anthony case. This petition will be forwarded to the US Attorney's Office at the Middle District of Florida, upon receiving an adequate number of electronic signatures of this petition. We will also be providing the US Attorney's Office at the Middle District of Florida with a completed copy of their Citizen Complaint Intake Form, so that they may forward this petition, along with their Citizen Complaint Intake Form to the FBI. This will, hopefully, play a role in having the FBI forward their evidence, surrounding the Casey Anthony case, to the US Attorney's Office at the Middle District of Florida. Please sign this petition today to help get justice for Caylee Marie Anthony in US Federal court. Also, please share this with everyone you know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I would have thought it legally impossible for her to be retried for the same offenses now she has been acquitted - if that is the point of your petition . In which case there is no point to the petition .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• the doctrine does not apply. The offense has no federal classification.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Double jeopardy. She can't be charged twice for the same crime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_jeopardy

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• She could be charged with it if the crime was a state as well as a federal offense.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I didn't make the petition, I just signed it. It says something about double jeopardy not applying... idr I'll have to look at it again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Okay....I guess I need more information.It would be a good thing if they did investigate and get the truth.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• The only possible thing she could be charged with on a federal level is the lying to an FBI agent. they are not going to bother with that.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice 6 minutes ago

If what she had done were also classified as a federal offense such as kidnapping or crossing state lines to hide the body then she could also be charged at the federal level. Bank robbery is another crime that has the potential to be charged at state and federal levels, but this case has nothing that the feds could legally try her with as she has not violated a federal offense.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I don't see how she can be legally retried. The feds have nothing to do with this case. I'll research it further because the thought of her going free repulses me.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Signed~
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2011