Epidural after pain

does anyone else have back pain after getting an epideral its been two years now and my dr said its common but i havent heard of anyone hurting like that.

jayleelovemommy

Asked by jayleelovemommy at 1:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Health

• Yes in both places from two kids my back will go numb or I have sharp twinges . I had one up high which I prefer and another down low which I was very uncomfortable with.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I never did.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I never got back pain from one--I actually had to have 3 done when I had my daughter, nor do I know anyone who has back pain from one either. Sorry.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i still get pain in my back and it's been two years. i'm going all natural this time. i hated that epidural, and other drugs they gave me made me completely delusional. i think i'm a bit allergic to the anesthesia.
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 1:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I never did have any from the 3 I had having 3 children
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 1:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• oh i know when i was in labor with my son 2 years ago they moved it around in my back cuz they couldnt get it in the right spot but my daughters 3 years ago was fine
    jayleelovemommy

Comment by jayleelovemommy (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I had one child with a spinal, the last with an epidural. I would choose the epi again in a heartbeat. No after pain. The spinal gave me terrible, horrible headaches for 6 months after. I have heard women complain of pain after epidurals...I really think it is more about the anesthesiologist than the epi itself. If they aren't placed exactly right nerves can be irritated.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I did not have any problem, but I have heard of others.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I had a friend tell me she has been living with the pain for a few years now. They just dont want to admit it was their fault. When I had mine the she didnt tell me she was training some else to do it, they yelled at me for moving when I was having contractions and the pain of it scraping my bone for 20min. After that it was fine.
    Alaine628

Answer by Alaine628 at 5:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2011