Help! I swallowed a fish bone and I cant get it out. What can I do???!!! HELP!!!!

LARRYSWiiFE

Asked by LARRYSWiiFE at 1:30 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Health

• It's stuck in your throat?
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• If it's obstructing your airways you'll need to go to ER. If it's a small bone lodged in there but your fine it's just going to have to work its way out. GL
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Go to the ER. My sister got a fish bone stuck in one of her tonsils, and the paramedic said it could have caused serious damage if it had worked its way all the way through. Even if you can breathe, it's very dangerous. Go get it seen to. Now.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes its stuck I feel it when I swallow but not where its a problem. What can I drink or eat? If I go to sleep tonight will it choke me to death!?
    LARRYSWiiFE

Comment by LARRYSWiiFE (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have to agree with judimary on this one. Better safe than sorry, let us know tomorrow how you are.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Oh yes i agree with these ladies! I know it is a pain in butt to go to ER late at night and expensive but it can be dangerous! My cousin had a fish bone stuck in her throat for almost two days before she went to er because she wan't feeling well. She was running fever and vomiting. it had worked it's way down to her intestine and punctured it! She had to have emergency surgery and now has a permanent bag on her tummy because of it! Let us know how you are tomorrow please! GL!!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• go to the ER
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 2:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• drink milk, i have swallowed many a small fish bone when i was a kid and my mom had me drink milk since it coats the throat some, usually a full large glass im guesstimating 12 oz.. if tht doesnt work then go to the ER.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I can't believe people are telling you to go to the ER. No, you're NOT going to choke to death, lol :D
    We Alaskans eat a pretty high fish diet and many little bones are swallowed and I've never ever heard of one becoming a health problem, let alone an emergency.
    Try chewing up 1 saltine cracker, swallow it in one gulp and chase it with a full glass of milk or water. If that doesn't work, you can def. wait until you can see your own doctor or go to an urgent care tomorrow.
    Don't panic, you're going to be okay :)
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I was told to eat bread- try rolling the bread into a ball then chewing it maybe that'll work better than just chewing the bread
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2011