You ever wonder why people get so worked up about politics and will seemingly stop at nothing to try and be right?

I mean it doesn't matter, our opinion on anything in politics will never matter. Government will ultimately do what they want anyway so why get so worked up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Umm, I see this with many topics, not just politics. Breastfeeding, circumcision, car-seats (extend RF and forward facing), natural birth, hospital births, religion, gay marriage....

Hell, if someone was stuck believing the sky was purple, they would fight till the bitter end to prove themselves right... people don't like to be wrong. Even in the subjects where there is no right or wrong, people don't want to budge on their position.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• A lot of changes have occurred though out history due to people speaking up and protesting and VOTING.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Many times they are flat out wrong. Example: You have to spend money to make money concept applied to the government. Well, how the hell did that "stimulus" work out?

Well, from what I have been reading in different articles defending the stimulus, their new claim is that it isn't working because it wasn't big enough.    It defies logic.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• You should never assume anything about any posters here. ANd the OP has a point. Maybe it isn't YOUR idea but she has the right to express her ideas and thoughts without your disapproval. See.....a Republican who thinks she is always right. You are a perfect example.

***

Hmmm...I guess I struck a nerve with one of our favorite "semi-anon" posters!! LOL And as for my response, I was just stating MY OPINION...but since I'm a REGISTERED INDEPENDENT, who leans conservative, I guess that is not permitted!!?

Whatever, gerpilu, it's not as if I care about your senseless ramblings...but I do find it funny that you ALWAYS jump to the defense of ANONYMOUS liberal posters...it's almost as if....you know who they are!! LOL :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Opinions can be wrong - when they are based on incorrect facts. That's where people get defensive - when it's pointed out they either fail to provide a fact in the first place, or that their fact is wrong - rather than re-assess, they keep on barreling through because they don't like the person who told them the fact was wrong, and since they don't like them, they MUST be lying.

That's been a common refrain here for years - what's your source and where are your facts. The ones who get worked up seem to coincide with those who fail to bring either.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes, everyone thinks that their way is better.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 1:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Agree =)
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• teachera good debate could be invigorating from time to time i guess......

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It's all opinion. I find politics and government interesting. That's the reason I cruise this section of Answers. If I didn't feel that interested and if I didn't think that thoughts of the individual didn't matter at all I probably wouldn't hang out in this section. I would move on to something that actually interests me. JMO.

As for people thinking they are always right, there are members from all sides that seem that way on here.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• ! I thought being open-minded was being a good liberal?

They are open minded to the point of being close minded. Or so open minded their brains fell out.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2011