Im 7 months pregnant, what side am I suppose to sleep and why?

Im 7 months pregnant, what side am I suppose to sleep on? I sleep on both sides but favor the left.

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 1:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• they say the left is the best because it helps circulation of the blood to the baby. but sleep how ever is comfortable for you. i sleep on my left side right side back half side half belly... however i can SLEEP lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:44 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Thank you :) you put my mind at ease....
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 1:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i slept however i wanted i always had alot pillows though
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 1:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Left is best b/c it helps with keeping you from having heartburn during the night. Stomache opens to the right so when you lay on the right side it can spill over more easily during pg and give you heartburn. Sleeping on either side helps with circulation. Sleeping on your back compresses the main blood vessels bringing blood from your lower body so you end up with more swelling and possibly more chance of blood clots in the legs.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 2:09 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i was told left side because the right side has your liver and blood supply to the baby isnt as sufficient on the right.. i always slept on my left as well..i favored it more.. but i was also told sleep in whatever way you CAN cuz' it gets tough lol
    jyi0621

Answer by jyi0621 at 5:42 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• The left and not when you're just pregnant.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2008