How can I stop my cowboy boots from blistering my calves?

My hunny bought me a pair of fat babys, they're the most comfy boots I've ever had, except they rub on my calves and sometimes leave blisters. How can I prevent this?? I want to wear them with a skirt so I can't wear tall socks lol.

RigPrincess85

Asked by RigPrincess85 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Boot socks is what I had to get, but you might be able to fold down a pair of knee socks so they don't show much. I tried panty hose but they tore.

Answer by Bmat at 1:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i dont wear cowboy boots but i wear platform boots, i get the really long socks and pull them up past my boots. the first time i wore those boots the back of my legs were raw.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• another suggestion would be getting some foam type stuff to put around the top of the boot and i could almost bet that most shoe/ boot stores sell a type of foam cushion to add to the top.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• yeah some boot stores sell like a sticky foam insert that can be removed after general wear i would go to a boot shop and take a look for them i am not sure what it is called tho. Describe it to them and they should be able to help you. Good luck!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• At least knee-highs ... maybe a bandaid in the spots where they're rubbing the most!!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yep, fat boot socks that don't come up over the boot.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Having that same issue. I have been using my bf's socks. I cut off the toe part so it's higher and I can bunch it around the top area of the boot. Seems to be working.
    kkkaaayyyy

Answer by kkkaaayyyy at 1:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2013