how can i put my 19 month old to bed without the hassle... she stays up untill about 5:00 in the morning...any help please...

rebecca031790

Asked by rebecca031790 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Some sleep training would help.

GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 1:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• let her cry for 2-3 minutes, then come back and tell her you love her but its bedtime, tuck her in and leave(she will cry) wait 5-7minutes, go back in and repeat, hope i could be of some help, good luck! : )
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 1:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Set a bedtime routine and stick to it. It will be tough until she realizes your are serious. Remember that if you let her cry for a period and then give in, you are only teaching her that crying will make her get her way.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• This is what i do... Your running out of time its now or never... At bedtime (between 6-7) i take him in there in total darkness, rock him 60times in the rocker and lay him in bed, cover him up, shut the door, turn off the montior and let hime go to sleep on his own... He has dont this since he was 8m old... He never gets up in the night or anything... They just cry out cause they want you to come in there.. I took a stand... Hope this helps girl.. Trust me after an hour of crying he'll go to sleep.. Just stick to your guns...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Try to limit her to one 1 hour nap during the day and one 30 minute morning nap and then put her to bed by 7pm it always worked for my son and hes three now. Hope this helps thanks
    kidneys02098

Answer by kidneys02098 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• What on earth does she do all night? Play in her crib? Or play with you?
    Here are my suggestions:
    Get her up at the same time every morning - even weekends. Get her into sunlight within an hour of waking. This will help set her internal clock.
    Put her down for her nap (assuming she only takes one) about 5 hours after she wakes. Let her sleep as long as she wants.
    Put her down for the night early enough that she will get at least 12 hours of sleep at night. That means that if you wake her at 8am, she needs to be in bed no later than 8pm. Until she is well rested again, you may have to put her down even earlier.
    cont
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Kiss her goodnight and tell her you will see her in the morning. If she plays in her crib, take all stuffed animals away. If she isn't in a crib, take all toys and books out of her room - leave her with just a bed if possible. If she screams and cries, try to remember that she is throwing a fit. She is angry with you. What are you going to do? Give in? Or tell her that you are the parent and you make the rules? She isn't a tiny baby. She is a toddler who knows very well that screaming will get her what she wants.

Do not limit naps or try to get her overtired so she will sleep better. This is an old-wives-tale and while it sounds logical, it actually works against her basic biology. An overtired toddler will have a harder time falling asleep, will wake more easily in the night, and won't sleep as deeply.
    kaycee14

• i have no idea. All i know is 4 days ago i tried to get her to take a nap all on her own and it worked. I gave her a cup said let's get in the bed and she climbed up and pulled the covers up. I said good night , i will see you when you wake up she waved bye. hugged my neck and i kissed her. I went back in 10 minutes later she was still laying there, so i kissed her said i love you and waved bye. I went back in an hour later she was knocked out. I was so excited I called her Dad and my mom.. lol
    However night time is a whole other situation, she likes to try and stay up and i usually have to lay with her. I think it might be because at nap time it is me and her at home and bedtime daddy and big sister are here.. I wish she would go to sleep in her bed by herself.. Good luck let me know if anyone's advice works for you maybe I will try it too.
    kennedysmum

Answer by kennedysmum at 6:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2008