Do you have/shop yard sales?

i am having one this weekend and so far i have done well. Just wondering if you like to have them or shop at them and what kind of things really grab your attention when looking? thanks!

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 3:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Shopping

• I love looking at yard sales for books. I've found some great old books and lots of good movies too. My mother, sisters, and I all had a huge yard sale at my mother's house and we sold a bunch of stuff and I made a couple hundred bucks from some of my old books, clothes, horse supplies, and various other crap. I even made some homemade jewelry and baked goods...any excuse to bake.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have not shopped at one for a long time. Not that I don't want to but we usually sleep late on weekends lol. We are changing that though so we may go back to doing that again! I need a new mixer so maybe I will have luck finding one that was barely used!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:39 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I prefer to go to them. But when you go to too many you have to have one.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I LOVE shopping at them! some of the stuff is wonderful!!!! :) I have only held one tho lol
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 3:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I like that sometimes you can find very old antique things.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 5:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• oh yeah!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes. I absolutely love them--- shopping, I mean. I hate having one myself though. In our area, we have a 100 mile yard sale over Memorial Day Weekend. Last year I was on the route. I set up in my garage, which was located just off the route in a neighborhood. It went over so well because everyone liked stopping and parking off the main route! I made over $400.00 that weekend. All I had was some left over stuff from my husband's business.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes i shop them every chance i get and know where the best ones are located.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i shop them but dont host them
    I look for antiques and jewerely
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 11:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I love to shop at them, that is when I feel like getting up early enough to do so! I have had 3 at my house the last couple of years, and hopefully will have one this fall when it cools down some. I have done ok, I use the money for Christmas, so that keeps me motivated to sell more. It is a lot of work, but it is worth it in the end!! Good luck with yours!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2011