Does n e 1 rent from rent-a-center?

Ok so my husband and I got a couch, loveseat, and tv from rent a center a year ago and still have a yr and a half left on it. Nothing is wrong with any of it, no scratches, tears, stains, nothing... we want to send it back and just go buy a couch and stuff w/o the hassle of renting anymore. plus they are ripping us off with this extra insurance crap.. question is: if we send it back can we get our money bak? or even part of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Shopping

• Hmm. Did you get a contract? If you did read the fine print. If you rented then most likely you wont get your money back. I never rented anything from there but I know a family friend that did she rent mattresses and they had bed bugs!!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 5:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I don't think so
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Hi, I work for RAC and I’m sorry to hear about your experience. You are more than welcome to return the merchandise at any time, and you will not be held accountable for any future payments on the returned items. However, our agreements do not usually allow for refunds on previously made payments. Also remember that we offer payment protection so you can stop a rental and pick it back up at any time in the future without losing what they paid in. If you have additional questions or concerns about this, please call our Customer Care line at 1-800-422-8186. Hope this helps.
    ansrac

Answer by ansrac at 11:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• no you cannot
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2011