My daughter will not let me out of her sight, what to do?

She's 3 1/2 and has usually always been at home w/ me. We recently moved to NC from VA so now she has no interaction w/ her family that she used to see every weekend. They always wanted to keep her every weekend and she loved going and I admit I liked the time w/ the hubby to do whatever. But now were not friends with anyone down here and there's no family, actually I don't really go anywhere to make friends. Anyways she's with me for the last 4 months everyday until 5 just me and her. She use to go in her room and play and watch t.v., things like that by herself. Now she's acting very strange, she talks and whines like a baby. She WILL NOT leave my side! Follows me to bathroom, gets in the shower w/ me, wants me to sit and watch cartoons instead of doing chores, whines when i do chores or get on the phone or computer, gets mad when i go somewhere even when i run outside just to check the mail or something.

Brit0385

Asked by Brit0385 at 2:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think Lolosmom was on the right track. your DD is probably upset about the major changes she has just and is going through. She may even be scared, you wont know unless you talk to her. Ask her whats wrong. The only thing you do need to keep in mind is she may not really aswer you, or give you a good answer. IF that happens you just need to reasure her that everything is okay and she can tell you anything. If she is upset or angry or scared from the move and/or changes thats all she needs to tell you and you can work it out. if worst comes to worst look into a child phycologist, they can help you two figure out wat is going on, but this is only if ur DD doesnt tell you for herself or you feel it is needed. Good Luck I hope this helped-Diane
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 7:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• DD is doing the same thing right now, at age 4. She used to love going to spend time with family, now she refuses to go. I asked her one day why she didn't want to go to my aunt's house who she used to pack her stuff and ask me to drop her off with. Her answer..."I'll miss my family." My grandmother blames it on me being pregnant and her sensing the coming changes.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• she is going thorugh separation anxiety, she went from alot of family to you. i wouldnt get mad at her, let her follow you around, give her some extra attention and let her settle in, she is only 3.5, she does not know how to deal with that kind of change. dont let her get away with bad behavior though, but give her a bit more room than you may have before. she will settle in and feel safe again and she needs your support right now
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 8:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• btw she recently started doing all the things i stated, not when we moved but really like yesterday. It's almost like she's scared to do anything or go anywhere by herself.
    Brit0385

Answer by Brit0385 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2008