My Baby gets hiccups a lot...Normal or should i have it checked out??

She had hiccups inside me too, But it seems like she has them multiple times a day...Is this normal? Is it anything i am doing wrong? She burps with every 3 ounces she drinks...So it could not be from burping, and i have had people tell me thats what it is. PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Perfectly normal
    Queenie_Mab

Answer by Queenie_Mab at 6:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• my dd was the exact same way. its normal. nothing you can do about it. now at 2 she hardly gets hiccups. its funny.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It is normal. My son was the same way. The doctor said that hiccups in babies isn't the same as hiccups in adults and there isn't anything you can do about it. My son is now two and has out grown his hiccup issues.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Normal!! I forget which one of my kids hiccuped ALL the time. It actually helped him to nurse - he would stop shortly after starting to nurse. It is worth a try. (It didn't work with my other kids though).

I always figured if they weren't getting upset about the hiccups, then it wasn't hurting them. :)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2011