Have you (or would you) adult content

date a guy who was younger than you?

I'm not talking about a 1 or 2 year difference. I mean, several years younger.

I had a boyfriend who was 4 years younger than me. I was 26, he was 22. And NO it did not work out. Notice how I said "had". LOL.

I suppose that there are some younger guys out there who are not total dickheads and immature assholes. But I will never ever date a guy who is several years younger than me again. NO WAY.

Why? Well in my experience (and please note, I am not saying all young guys are like this) everything started out fine. He had a steady job, a truck, and he was sharing an apartment with his brother and his SIL. But it wasn't too far into the relationship when I started to realize that he had some serious problems. Mostly getting so drunk that he should have keeled over. I'm serious. This guy would go through an entire 24 pack of BOTTLES in one freaking night all by himself. And then he'd drive home. So NOT smart.

I remember when I knew we had reached the end. We had gone to visit a friend of his, and there were several other of his friends there, as well as their girls, and of course the guys start drinking. (this was one of the times when he drank a whole case of beer on his own.)
I had to work early in the morning and it was pretty late by then, so I told him I was gonna head home but he offered to drive me. NO WAY was I getting into a vehicle with someone that hammered. We had a huge fight and the next day when he called me I told him we needed to talk and that's when I told him, it was over.

It wasn't just the drinking, which in itself was bad enough. But nope. This guy had like a million traffic ticket warrants, and yet still went driving even though he was so plastered he should have been in a coma. He would brush off going to work because he was so hung over. And he didn't just drink on the weekends, nope, he had at least two or three every day.

I tried to help him, because I was really concerned for him, but he didn't want help at all. A few weeks after we broke up, I found out his bro kicked him out and took away the truck (he was buying it from his bro) because he quit his job and wasn't making the payments...but what became of him, I do not know. I just hope he didn't cause anyone to be killed on one of those nights when he was driving drunk.

I am not saying that young guys are the only ones who do this. I know of a lot of older guys, married, who do stupid immature shit too. But it's the ones who are young (18 - 25) who are more prone to the idiotic behavior.

And really, I already have three kids. Being with him made me feel like I had four. No thanks.

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 7:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I've dated younger many times. My SO is five years younger and the youngest guy I dated was 14 years younger. They were employed and responsible so I never saw much of a difference. Age has never been a concern for me.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 7:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes and Yes i am 30 my husband is 24
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 7:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• bad situtation to be in, good thing you got out.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• WOW THATS A LOT TO READ. I WAS 17 WHEN I MET MY HUSBAND WHO WAS 25 AT THE TIME. I WOULD DO IT AGAIN, BUT DO NOT CARE TO BE WITH ANYONE YOUNGER THAN HIM. NOTHING WRONG WITH ANOLDER MAN!
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 11:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2011