What would you do if your oldest daughter kept getting clothes and the other two girls got nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Who is buying the clothes?
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I thank it is wrong if someone buys the clothes I would go to the error and by some clothes I have five sisters and the got everything thee were mean and my present did nothing about it
    frogecate

Answer by frogecate at 8:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Who is buying the clothes? There's not enough info in your question to answer it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It depends on the situation. If my oldest was from a previous marriage and always got clothes from her father and step parent while my two did not get as much...I would be greatful my oldest has clothes and parents who can provide for her. Or if it was her father's parents buying....same thing. It would not be their responsibility to be "fair" to my other two children. If it was a situation where my two youngest always had clothes from my husband and his family (same situation but only now bio dad a dead beat) I may take an issue with it. It just depends on what the situation is and why. If my oldest out grew clothes and we passed them on to the two younger ones out of being practical - then that is how it goes.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I'd buy for my youngest 2 and not at all for my oldest. DD has been the same size for a while but her younger brothers are growing like weeds. I haven't bought much for her, but I've been buying lots for her brothers.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Who's buying the clothes? I mean, if it is you, you can control that, if it is someone else, you can use some of the money you would have spent on the oldest for the younger two
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Yes, who is buying the clothes? We have a rule when it comes to buying for kids. Either you buy something for everybody or don't buy anything for anybody. It's only fair.. I can understand the difficulty if it a situation like Scout_mom mentioned where maybe the different families provide more or less than the other. I had to get my husband to see things this way.His son has a younger brother. I had to convince him to start giving the little boy something for Christmas even if it is a 10 dollar gift card from Walmart as opposed to what he gives his own son. Maybe it is just me, but I think it is the right thing to do.
    Mommy2Nia

Answer by Mommy2Nia at 12:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2011