Do you consider it inappropriate for a stepmom to be naked in the presence of her sons? Not in a sexual way, just nude.

jomofunmom

Asked by jomofunmom at 8:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Depends on if the family is a nudest family. If they are or they allow nudity in the household then whats the big deal? Kids only think that nudity is sexual because SOMEONE has taught them that its so. Nudist familes don't harm their kids in anyway.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2011

• Very inappropriate, whats the purpose?

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 8:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• why would a parent want to be naked infront of ANY kid???
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think it depends on the age of the sons. Once they are 3 or 4, this should stop.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes, inappropriate for sure!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Inappropriate after about age 2.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• YES- i do.. i have Two Step Sons & a Biological Son & when they were little they Never saw me in the Nude..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Depending on the age of the children yes. I haven't let my own son see me naked since he was around 2 or 3. I don't even let him see me change clothes (with under wear on) any more. He is now 5.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 9:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Not necessarily. If the biological parents were comfortable with it and the step children were young enough....no reason to think this was so horrible. Everyone's family culture is different. If this is accepted in this family culture then I see no reason to be upset. If the mother of these children are uncomfortable with it then the step mother should respect the mother's view. Even if mom herself gets naked around her boys - still respect the boundary set by the mother. Personally, I would have no issues now with step mom being nude in front of my child. But my son is four. Now if my son were older and/or expressed being uncomfortable with her being nude - then of course I would request she not be in the buff around my child.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No. I don't see anything wrong with nudity. Nudity is just that, it's not sexual, it's not harmful, it's not dangerous. I see BIG ISSUES with sexual contact or sexual nudity (being nude as a way to entice sexual feelings or actions) where children are involved. But general nudity? No. If PA weren't so damn cold I would probably join a nudist colony. Bodies are just bodies, skin & bones, it's how they are used that matters.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2011