TMI & Embarassing-smell down there

Ok this is completly embarassing for me to even put out into the world for someone else to see/know. I am almost 6 months pregnant and I have been noticing that my vaginal area smells like...well those ruffles chedder and sour cream potato chips. I havent had those chips for months so its not that my area is putting out the smell i ate.
Ugh this is so embarassing I dont even want to mention it to my OB..any ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 1st - mentioning it to your OB is exactly what you should do. You probably have either a yeast or a bacterial infection. The only way to know is to have your OB check. This is their job. It's not strange to them. If you choose to try to treat this as if it will just go away, I doubt it will. You don't want to be carrying around any type of infection that close to your baby! The over production of discharge "stuff" during pregnancy is likely the cause of the irritation and your Dr will know just what to do.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 2:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• it might be infection just call your doc and tell him you might have infection dont be embarased it happens
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 2:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree with GrowingMama..The last people you should be embarassed about it with is your gyno. They deal with that so much it's normal for them. Honestly.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think you should mention it to your doctor that's what they hear also your not the only one don't feel embarresed it's better to get the problem fixed then to wait it out.
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 2:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You guys are right...I do need to tell my OB, I have an appt on Thursday. And ya'll are right they deal with all kinds of issues and they should be the last one im embarassed to tell.Plus I guess with my feeling embarassed about the smell I forgot about the fact tha it could be something serious like an infection and the last thing I want is some type of infection down there untreated with my baby right down there...Some how i actually let my embarassement override the most important thing my unborn Baby

Thanks to all of you!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Sounds like it might be a yeast infection, but pregnancy does change things down there. I know I turned kinda sour toward the end (much to my hubby's dismay), and I didn't have anything (but I did get a couple of yeast infections over the course of my pregnancy).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2008