Can my kid be take away

Can my four old be talking away if my husband smoke pot

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes! If he's ever drug tested and fails... yes your kid can be removed from the home!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• That is a possibility, esp. if he does it at home. It's called endangering the welfare of a child. So unless he has a medical reason to be doing that, then I have to ask you if you guys think whether you think it's worth it?! I bet I know the answer too!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes, he can. I'd recommend either threatening his life if he doesn't stop or kick him out. You don't want that around your child anyway. Trust me. I've seen first hand how drug addicted parents can severely screw up their kids.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 8:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It's a possibility but typically CPS doesn't care about small amounts of pot. I know parents that both failed hair tests for coke, and CPS didn't do a damned thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yes your 4 year old could possibly be taken away. Drugs are illegal and never worth the risk of losing your child.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• And he should be. Get out of there and take care of your child.
    CPS, should be called...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:39 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No they wont take the child away, unless your husband is overdosing on pot (which you cant do)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Wow SassySue, I think you need a joint yourself lol. Pot is safer, both for your health and for your relationships than alcohol. But I bet if this guy got drunk every Friday night you wouldn't say that.

That said, being impaired when you are caring for children isn't a good idea. Most of the time you get a warning, especially if there is another parent present in the home. If he is caught, he would probably be warned and given some time where he could only see the kids with you present until he tested clean for X number of weeks. They probably would not remove the kids straight away from the home.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Probably won't happen, but yes it's always a possibility.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would think it's unlikely. If he were smoking around the child, then it would be more likely. And unless someone has a grudge against you guys, it's unlikely that CPS would even be aware of it. Marijuana is being decriminalized in many areas, and IMO, is no worse then having a drink or two. In fact, personally, I think it's WORSE to drink, especially drink a lot, then to smoke marijuana.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2011