Why do Nick and Disney always make the parents seem like idiots?

Have you noticed that on Nickelodeon and Disney Channel they seem to always make the Mom and Dad out to be dumb, or crazy? What's up with that? It kind of bugs me.

isismoon3

Asked by isismoon3 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Entertainment

Level 66 (1,275,470 Credits)
  • I hate 90% of the "kid" shows out right now. My kids arent allowed to watch a lot of them either. They do show parents AND teachers...basically anyone of authority, as ignorant. They teach kids that being the good kid in school (good grades, goes to class...etc) are the losers...and the ones that skip school, fail classes, and cause all kinds of trouble...well THEY are the cool kids. Sam from iCarly is a perfect example...juvy child, but EVERYONE wants to be like SAM!!
    Its insane and infuriates me!
    Bring back the Cosby Show, Full House...even Home Imporvement...where kids had concequinces for their bad behavior and were tought respect.
    And we wonder why kids are so messed up.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 9:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I've noticed that too. Phineas and Ferb's parents are oblivious. How on EARTH do they not notice that their children are constructing roller coasters in the backyard? Or flying to France?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think it's so the children watching can relate to the storyline better. And it's more entertaining for them to laugh at adults than it is to watch them real parents. Billy Ray Cyrus on Hannah Montana bugs the crap out of me
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Because the show is for kids, and it's funny.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:58 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Look at Charlie Brown they were just sounds and look at american dad or Family Guy this is tv and only tv for an entertaining purpose only. I watched a shit load of tv where the parents were there and some where the parents were not there but if kids no this is tv and only tv it should not matter as long as you are the example does it really matter???
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• iCarlys dad is overseas (i believe....i think i saw an episode where one of his soldier buddy came to visit with gifts for her and her brother from their dad), but i dont know about their mom. And, the only parent they ever show in iCarly is Freddies mom....and she's made out to be a psycho overbearing nuisance. God forbid a mother watches out for her kid...

mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 11:17 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• know lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have asked that question so many times!! It drives me crazy.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Most of the parents are just not around,, where are they? I agree, they also tend to make teachers look stupid as well.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Fairly Oddparents, Jimmy Neutron ... the list goes on and on ... ugh! And iCarly's parents are just MIA?!
    isismoon3

Comment by isismoon3 (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2011