Is this a good friend or not?

If your teenager was being told she is being talked about behind their back and her friends (3 of them) were telling her this person is doing this but won't tell her what is being said is this a good friend or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I'd say it's just teenage drama...
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Yeah, teen drama.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• drama, drama drama...........
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Not very good friends if they won't tell her what is being said - or standing up for her!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• normal teen drama...sucks and hard to watch them deal with- but sounds like the normal crap : /
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No. At that age a teen needs a friend who will lift them up and encourage them in their face and behind their back. Not a friend who'll follow the crowd by making fun of her or leading her down the wrong path. Let her know it's time for some new friends she deserves better and she can do bad all by herself!!! Be Blessed.
    jenkinswife2011

Answer by jenkinswife2011 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It's just normal teen stuff.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• This is not her friend
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think it depends on how exactly they are saying it to her and the context. If she thinks someone is a good friend and that person is talking crap behind her back, then her friends were right to tell her about it. Maybe they're not telling her exactly what's been said in order to spare her feelings. I had a situation where a coworker's wife started hanging around a group of us on weekends. She was very nice to talk to so we included her in our activities. Well, she started saying nasty stuff about a good friend of mine and not just to me but to anybody who'd listen. I stood up for my friend and decided not to include the coworker's wife in future activities. And, yes, I told my friend that the woman wasn't speaking highly of her without going into detail.
    cege

Answer by cege at 12:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2011