Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I make mr. boyfriend, relax with the everynight partying

I don't mind if my bf (32) parties or has a fun night on the weekends. WHEN I DON'T HAVE TO WORK! But insists on having people over 24/7. I think I had more privacy before we moved into our own apartment from a shelter :\. We have a 9 month old & another child on the way. He doesn't seem to want to grow up or realize anything. He asks me for permission to do things, as if a child asking his mother for something. I have given up on him. I force myself to sleep when I'm not tired. I don't want to be anywhere near him most of the time due to this, (or possibly my hormones.) How do I tell him that the partying needs to quit or I'm leaving (with our son). I don't want any recoils from him.

Answer Question

Asked by jenniey86 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Relationships

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • The same way you told us love. Just be polite when you tell him, and make sure he knows your being serious. Let him know it's not about y'all anymore it's about those precious children. They are all that matter. Not the partying. If he wants to party go somewhere else with his friends and after he's had his fun for the night then he needs to get his act together and be a dad. Be blessed love.

    Answer by jenkinswife2011 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • "You are a grown man with a family to support. I love you but I'm not willing to put up with this any longer. Chill out and be a man and a father or I will build a life by myself."

    Answer by Ati_13 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • I say open communication with out coming down on him. it always works best with my husband to talk him up and tell him all the positive things he does for me and then bring up the problem, guys tend to shut down when us girls get too bitchy on them you know? compromise and communication, it is what every relationship needs and it won't always be easy. also, give him time don't expect immediate change, be patient as hard as it is and praise a lot.

    Answer by japanic at 9:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • by being honest about your basicly the same way you just told us ......

    Answer by cara124 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • I hate it when men wanna turn us into their mom!! Ahhh .. but since he's that compliant, why don't you just tell him it has to stop.. sounds like the boy could use some guidance and hopefully if you give him the choice to man up and be a good husband and father or a little punk as party boy he'll choose the first one. I say put it to him straight.. tell him to shape up or ship out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • State your rules and then after change them

    Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • "How do I tell him that the partying needs to quit or I'm leaving (with our son). I don't want any recoils from him."
    What's this "how" shit? You TELL him. These are your kids, and you have to do what's best for them and you.
    And as far as "recoils"? He's abusive too?
    People party when they turn 21. He's still going at it in his 30's?
    Why are you wasting your life on this dirtball?

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • Tell him straight up, grow up or lose it all baby. Sorry, it's as simple as that.

    Answer by zoomomto3 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.