What's wrong with my ds??!

My 7mo Ds has had blistering poopy diapers all but 2 changes in the last 3 days. I thought it was just a bad rash Friday morning, because he woke up with a dirty diaper. Every diaper has been poopy, except 2 wet ones. He hasn't eaten anything besides the formula and the foods he's been eating for 2.5 mos.

My 2yo Ds also gets this once in a while, but it never lasts this long. My poor Lo's nuts are cherry red, and i don't know what to do! I'd take him in but I hit a deer and they've got my car at the bodyshop!! Help!!

I've tried ointments, browned flour, baths, and "airing out" is not an option with all the poop!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 10:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Vaseline
    1st aid cream

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Have you tried corn starch? That usually helps some.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• What's causing it??
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• You'll have to take him to the doctor to find out what's causing it. It could be an allergy to the diapers, laundry soap, a food. It could be a virus. Call the doctor and see if they will help you over the phone.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Do u have a relative or friend that can take u to see his pediatrician? Sounds pretty bad, and you've already done everything I would recommend.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would limit his acid intake. No juice, no fruit. Until you can see a doc.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 10:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• as bad as it may be have you tried cloth diapers for a few days? Plus bathing your ds in baking soda also helps a TON. My 6 month was doing the same thing and it was super horrible. GL I hope something helps :)
    dedicatedmama2

Answer by dedicatedmama2 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• We just moved here a few months back, and I asked my mom to get us Tuesday for their well-baby check up and she decided not to come, so it isn't an option. I don't know that's it's worth a trip to ER, he's not feverish, he's eating, drinking, otherwise acting himself.
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Momma, he needs to see a doc real soon. I am sure you will find a way, us moms always do. Until you do get them to the doc you will want to keep him well hydrated, lots of water.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Maybe he is teething?
    You've already tried most of the things that I do for bad rash. You could also try putting 1 cup of baking soda in a warm bath and have him sit in it for a good long time, then put a THICK coat of diaper cream on. I agree with limiting any acids, no juice or fruit. As long as he is happy and well hydrated I wouldn't freak out and go to the ER, but definitely try to get him in to a doctor soon. Good luck.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 1:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2011