How soon did you start trying on dresses for your wedding?

I want to start now but my wedding isn't until October 27,2012. Is it too soon

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No, I don't think it is. We were only engaged for about 6 months, so I started pretty soon after we got engaged. I ordered the dress about 3-4 months before we got married, and even then, we had to get it rushed. Take your mom and your girl friends and have fun!! Congratulations!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No, I too don't think it's too early. You'll be thankful for this extra time you are allotting yourself. My situation doesn't count. I knew I would be in my final trimester of pregnancy at my wedding so I didn't bother buying a dress until the week before. I picked the 1st one I tried on that fit over my big ole belly.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I just found out I was pregnant when he proposed so I didn't start thinking of dresses til I had Xavier so I'm ready to start trying them on lol
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Well, if that's the case, you can start looking now, but I wouldn't order anything until after you have the baby. Don't order one that's way too small, anticipating you'll lose weight (after the baby)- you can always take in a dress, but it's very hard to let one out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I HATE wearing dresses. I'm definately not the girly type. So, when I got married to my DH, I wore jeans...LOL
    But, I was preggo while my sis was engaged, and was due just a month before her wedding. Plus she was out of state. I was the MOH, so my dress was very important....plus she was bit of a bridezilla (love you sis). And kept insisting on getting my dress sized and ordered months ahead of time...no matter how much I tried to get her to wait and see how my body was going to react. So, I ordered my dress trying to figure out where I would be roughly a month after popping a baby out. Then, I had him two weeks early...so my dress was still too big.
    Its a pain in the butt...I know. Good luck!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I'm sorry if I confused anyone with the last reply but Im not pregnant anymore.
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• We planned our wedding in two weeks, but I bought my dress the day before the wedding.
    I had another one I'd bought a week earlier, but I really liked this one better.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think I started looking at dresses maybe 8 months before we got married (but almost a year before the day that we were supposed to get married). I don't think it's too soon for you to start trying them on. We're probably doing a vow renewal and handfasting next year on our original anniversary, and I've already started looking for a dress.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2011