What could you say to this?

Okay so i was talking to my friends daughter who is 10 years old. Somehow we got on the subject of babies and she mentioned to me that there was a girl in her class who was pregnant. When i inquired further she told me that this girl was only 9 years old. but she had started her period and gotten raped while being babysat. Now this little 9 year old girl was pregnant with twin girls, she started getting upset for the young girl and i didnt know what to say to comfort her..... the pregnant child's parents chose to keep the little ones and the girl is now 7 months pregnant and still in school. I know this is true because i spoke to some of the PTA about it because i was concerned, and they verified. What do u think about this girl's situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's tragic...
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 2:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I can't believe parents would make a child go through that! Can you imagine? Her little body will be ripped apart, she will probably feel like she's being raped again. And making her go to school pregnant would be horrific, kids are so mean anyhow, this story makes me really sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• omg that is really sad that will make you want to cry she should be learning about her body not have babies i dont even no what to say
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 2:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think the situation should be reported to social services.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 2:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I know, it's so sad.....what's worse is they cant figure out who raped the poor little thing. Whether it was the babysitter's boyfriend, or one of his friends.....but they dont belive in abortion, so they're making this poor confused little girl carry these two babies.
    I dont believe in abortion either but im not sure how i would react in this situation.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My neice got pregnant at age 12 and delivered her first at age 13. She was babysitting and was raped by the dad of the kids she was caring for. She's now 18 and just had her 2nd. She's a good mom, but admits now she had to learn to grow up the hard way. Her mom refused to let her have an abortion. Then her mom tried taking her kid away from her. Her mom is a druggie and had 6 kids to get more welfare $ for drugs. She couldn't have anymore and knew this guy was eying up her dd. Thankfully, my neice's grandma on her mom's side took her in and has done a good job raising her and helping her learn how to care for her son. He is now 5 yrs old and in kindergarten. He's proud to be a big brother to his little sister.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:19 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• those parents should be raped!! How awful they would make their young child go through this!! PEOPLE!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Each family is different. I don't feel that it is any of my business to judge them for what they decided. You don't know if they talked to her and she told them that she didn't want to have an abortion. While at 9 years old I didn't understand what it meant fully, I knew how babies got here and I knew that abortion was the same as murder. She will get enough grief with everything else and everyone else, I think we should just leave it alone.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My sister has a classmate who is having twins at 14. It is a sad situation when babies are having babies. However we aren't the ones to judge the decisions made by this family. I'm sure the parents and the child weighed their options and chose what they felt was best for them.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• omgosh I'm speechless but as a rape victim myself I can't imagine how hard it must be for her. I was 13 when I was raped by my uncle and luckly didn't get pregnant but was thought to be. At that point I didn't know what to do either. When I was still thought to be pregnant I personally felt that I couldn't do that to a baby, but I knew that I was young. I'm glad I wasn't Poor little girl. I hope they find who raped her and put him in jail for the rest of his life. I honestly want to cry. I can;t believe how much evil there is in this world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2008