My daugher is now 4 months old. She is spitting up more than when she was younger. It just spit up, not vomit. I may be over reacting, but could it be a problem?

Laura61985

Asked by Laura61985 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Kids' Health

• acid reflux, type of milk, etc. Bring this up to your doctor and he might be able to help you pinpoint a problem. Also, don't lay your daughter down right after she has had a bottle. Keep her propped up for at least 10 or 15 minutes.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Yea, i would talk to her dr. It could be acid reflux or a milk allergy both of these can start at any age!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• It sounds like a change in formula is needed. Or, if you breastfeed, maybe you have added something to your diet that isn't agreeing with your little one. Definately bring it up to your ped next time you see them.
    palinkasx6

Answer by palinkasx6 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• It's probably reflux. It can come and go all through childhood - as little organs grow and get squashed in little bodies that haven't quite caught up.

Bring it up to with your doctor to be sure.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• She may have acid reflux. My son at 5 weeks old was diagnosed with it. I bought it to my doctors attention. I realized when the nurse was feeding him after he was born he was spitting up a lot. I suggested a lactose free formula. When I took him to the doctor he put him on cereal and also gave him Zantac. He was treated until he was 4 months. He did not sleep in his crib for the 1st 3 months. He would only sleep in his bouncey. Also had to to only feed him half a bottle then burp him. Then got the rest. He took Similac Lactose free for 4 weeks then I switched to Enfamil Gentlease until he turned 9 months slowly I he was able to take regular formula.
    MarqsMom

Answer by MarqsMom at 9:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• vomiting is a sign of an allergic reaction, talk to your doctor if you're worried
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 12:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• It depends on what type of spitting up. We've been through the projectile due to allergies to milk with another child. Our 4 month old is also spitting up more but it is nothing like the prjectile spit up our son had due to allergies. It's always something to bring up with your dr esp if you have allergies in the family but I think our dd is spitting up more b/c she is becoming more active. She rolls now, always wants to sit up and move around. Whereas before she stayed pretty still after a feeding, now she wants to move around, see what's going on, etc. Shakes things up in there lol I think she is also just coming out of a growth spurt. So she was taking in more milk and now she doesn't need as much but my body is still producing more and she may just be over-eating right now until my supply balances out with what she needs again.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2008