Formula or breast?

Just out of curiosity, are you planning on formula feeding or breast feeding your baby? I personally plan on breast feeding, but, as with my other children, if life changes (I go back to school or I start working again) I may chose to bottle feed later. If you're having multiples, will that affect your decision?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 2:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've always bf and have had to supplement some of them. We'll start this time with breast only - like I have in the past - and we'll be flexible to change if needed.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 2:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Breast only for me. Supplemented with my son for a month and hated it!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 2:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i did it for 2weeks and was really sad when i had to stop but it started hurting to much and she acted like she wasnt getting enough the clear stuff is what they really need
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 2:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Breast. And it's a misconception that colostrum is all they need....it *is* very important, but so is the rest.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• The World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of two years.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 3:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I'm almost 35 weeks pregnant and still bfing my toddler. I feel very strongly that bfing is best for all babies and wouldn't want to give my baby anything less.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 6:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I plan to breastfeed. I'll have a nice breastpump, too, so when I go back to work I'll be expressing.
    arahzel

Answer by arahzel at 7:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Im hoping to Breastfeed. It was not an option with my daughter.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I always planned on breastfeeding. My son is 11 months old now and was exlusively breastfed until we introduced solids at 8 months. We're going to continue nursing until he's at least 2 years old.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Breast even if had triplets :-)
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2008