Which movie would you pick?

I'm taking a CNA class and have to write a response to a movie that relates to a health problem that effects the elderly. I can't decide what I want to watch! Almost everyone in my class is doing the Notebook, but I don't want to do the same thing as everyone else, even though I love the movie.

My options are:
Finding Nemo
My Sisters Keeper
Patch Adams
A Walk to Remember

If you guys can think of anything else that would work let me know. Or out of those which would you choose? I think there are some more but I don't have the list here at home. Thanks!

husky_grlie08

Asked by husky_grlie08 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in

• From what I remember, all those movies are about illnesses that affect children (and fish) lol, not elderly. But I would go with Patch Adams.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I was going to say the same as anon. I don't remember all of Patch Adams but it was a good flick and I'd choose that. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I was thinking of doing Patch Adams, and the only one that I knew that affected elderly was the notebook but its SO popular she's probably getting 15 papers on that. And its one I haven't seen a hundred times so I'd probably enjoy watching it
    husky_grlie08

Comment by husky_grlie08 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Driving Miss Daisy or The Bucket List ?

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I'd, personally, do my sister's keeper...but thats because i lost my mother to cancer. so, that movie hits a spot with me.

mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:58 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would chose Letters to Juliet, and the "health problem" could be loneliness! That is such a sweet movie. The old woman regrets an action from her youth. She is widowed and single, and her grandson treats her like a child. A stranger helps her to follow her heart, and she meets the handsome, now mature man she had once loved. The movie ends before we discover if they really get back together, but it looks good. I think loneliness causes more health problems than poor diet or lack of exercise. The mind starts to wander when we have nothing to think about. What do you think?
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• What about Tuesday's with Morrie.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Oh yeah, Cocoon! It was made in 1985, awesome movie!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• The awakenings. Robin Williams does a fantastic job and it's situated in a mental health facility. Basically the people all have a certain health issue where it has made them vegetables. Robin as a dr finds a way to "wake" them.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• my sister's keeper
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2011