Why isn't my flash working on my digital camra?

I don't know why it isn't working I have tried every function on my camra and I can't get the flash to work. I am due to have a baby in almost 4 weeks and I really want this camra working so I can take pictures that way I can put them on my facebook page and not have to get a camra and take them to get developed before putting them on. I don't have money to buy enough right now. Can you tell me why it might not be working? Everything else on tha camra works just the flash wont work. The camra is about maybe 3 years old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Technology

• oh and it is a kodak easyshare and it hasn't been dropped
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• that's what I own is a Kodak Easyshare. It might need to go to the repair shop. Haven't had a prob with the flash yet except for not hitting the flash button or having it turned to a setting to use flash on. that was my own stupidity
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I googled some ideas, and this one was posted by SGNath at fixya.com:
    As a first step, make sure the batteries are fully charged and check in the Shooting menu if you have switched the flash to 'off' mode. Then check the shooting mode. In some shooting modes (like landscape), some cameras do not fire the flash. To check if the flash is working properly, change the mode to 'Night Portrait' and try to shoot. This mode is sure to fire the flash if everything is well with the camera. If still the flash is not working, take it to the nearest authorized service center.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Make sure the flash isn't shut off in the menu
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have made sure the flash isn't shut off. I also thought it was the charge so I charged it completely and it still isn't working
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I tried in the night mode and it still isn't working. I don't know where to take the camra and how much will it cost
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• ok this may sound silly but is the battery fully charged?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• yes i thought the samething that maybe the battery needed charged so I put it on the charger and it still isn't working after I fully charged it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd take it to the store
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 9:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I'd call Kodak
    malexander2009

Answer by malexander2009 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2011