Can Anyone Tell Me About Salary In NC?

I worked at walmart 6 years ago on a salary basis. Then I went into the military. I got outta the military and have been unemployed for a year now. I am going to start a new job in a week and I'm sooooo excited!! What I want to know is how much would I take home every two weeks or every month if my pay is $11.50/hr? I'm horrible at math and trying to calculate all the taxes NC takes out to figure out my take home pay confuses me.

sweetpea1217

Asked by sweetpea1217 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm not up on current taxes in NC, but I did use to live there. I found housing and property to be REALLY expensive compared to other states. They want an awful lot for their "mountain" land. We have moved a lot in our 31 years of marriage, and NC is the only state where we never bought a home. We just rented, and after three years, moved away. We were in the western part of the state, though, so that might make a difference. We were an hour from Chattenooga, TN and an hour from Ashville, NC, and an hour from Atlanta, GA. Our town's logo was "an hour from anywhere."
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 11:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I am in NC and my husband makes a little under that but has 20 hours of overtime every check so I imagine it would come out the same. He brings home around $900 every two weeks.

Answer by gemgem at 11:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• When my hubby was working and I would estimate how much his check would be, I would use the following equation to get an estimate and I was usually fairly close ...

HOURS X PAY RATE - 30% (estimated tax rate)

For instance: 40 X 11.50 - 30% = $322 for bring home.

You can PM me if you want.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Use this to help you figure it out.  Salary Paycheck Calculator

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Musicmom ... what an awesome site!! I love that!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2011