What did you get your two year old for their birthday?

I'm thinking of getting them some pretend play things, like pretend food (my mom is gonna pull my old play kitchen out of the basement, i'm glad we still have it haha) I found a play vacuum that was on sale at target cause they LOOOVE the vacuum.

other than pretend play I'm going to get them each a woody doll and their first bibles

what toy or type of toy does your two year old have that they love or you feel like every two year old should have?
(they have a tooon of cars/trucks/trains, and tracks, they have toooo many books, some duplo blocks/other brand of blocks. they have paints playdough and colors. they also have a ton of balls)

thanks for the suggestions!! :)

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He got so much for his 2nd birthday I still don't know what to get him for his 3rd next month! He got a playhouse, a castle slide, a push-pedal car, a tricycle, a toddler bed, sand & water table, and then smaller things like books, more trains/car sets, bubble machine, plastic bat & ball set. Of course this was all given between me & daddy, grandparents, and great grandparents but I'm seriously stuck on what to get him this year..

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Elsa - what you have listed already sounds like PLENTY.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• my children loved little riding toy that they could push around or sit on and move. they also loved this little bubble maker.

Answer by kimmie34 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Until kids are old enough to tell me what they want, they get a ball. Kids of all ages and both genders love playing with a ball. It's never a waste buying one.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• We got our son a little play gas station for his car, a bubble lawn mower, and a nice play golf set.
    Our daughters 2nd is at the end of august and we are getting her a chest, and a bunch of dress up things; dresses, hats, gloves, purses, necklaces...

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• We got our daughter a kitchen and the food so she could pretend cook and also got her a doll house and the stuff to go with it

Answer by alcia_08 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Wooden puzzles, stacking blocks, sidewalk chalk, letter magnets for the fridge

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 2:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i got her blocks. christmas was only three months earlier so i got tones then but we had a party and she got alot from everyone else. she got a elmo microwave, princess teaset and money. i also splurged on the cake so that was part of her present. all the stuff that you did mention seem great. my little one loves puzzles so that is a suggestion. also she loves water so anything to play with water or bubbles is always a hit. have fun. no matter what just have fun.

Answer by lambdarose at 1:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2011