Whic one should be a priority?

With my college refund I pay late bills and childcare. Fall semester is coming up and its going to get cold so taking the bus is not an option I want to take in the winter. I want to get a car but my refund will not be anywhere near $3G.
I have no options for saving since I dont work and no help from a agency or relative/friend.

Should I try to ignore the fact I want/need a car and just pay bills and daycare or try to squeeze it in somehow?

I really want to get a car before winter because the winter semester classes are very far away and it would be a nightmare/hassle doing all that on the bus.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Well Mommy let me tell you from a gal with experience with public transportation I know its hard but keep paying your bills.I lived where it snowed and had to go to work pregnant and alone and had to take 2 buses and 2 metro links lol it was ruff but I made it through and i just thanked god for public transportation. I finally have my car and its a big blessing but just think with a car comes gas and insurance and things that you don't seem like you have right now so what I would do is stick it out for a little while and pay your bills and when the times comes god will bless you with a car like he did me and he will also bless you with the costs that goes with it lol
    by the way if you ever want to get into a business then email me because this is whats helping me pay my bills!

good luck mommy~
    beauti_ful

Answer by beauti_ful at 2:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I would pay bills

Answer by gemgem at 11:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• bills first convenience later
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Keep paying the bills. Gotta have a roof over your head, elect and heat in your home.
    Keep up the good work, going to school will pay off in the long run...
    Hang in there...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Just keep in mind the following it’s not just the car purchasing it’s all that goes with maintaining it as well. Automobile insurance; license sticker registration; gas; other problems the car encounters as well. I would pay bill first and have plenty saved up for car and maintenance as well.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Call around to some towing companies. Sometimes they get abandoned cars, fix them up and sell them for really cheap.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I think it would depend what bills they are. Of course childcare is a priority because without it you would not be able to even go to school. But I think having a car is important. What if your child got sick and needed to get to the doctor or needed medicine? You don't want to be doing that in the winter on the bus..I think I'd squeeze it in if possible. Get a cheap clunker for $1,000, spend the rest on bills.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• A car is a luxery - you need to pay your bills that are already late. Be glad that you have a public transportation option, it's not available everywhere.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• @musicmom I was thinking the same thing. I have to pay the reg fee liscense/plate tags and insurnace in the city is expensive. If it breaks down I would be out of luck cause "I got's no money" lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Excellent points musicmom! I say take care of the bills first.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 11:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2011