Is this chicken pox !

this came up this morning on my soon to be 3 year old

he has a rash a few days ago but it was a dif rash like an allergic kinda rash i gave him antihistamine  med and it went away yesterday he had no rash at all ! this morning this ! and this time there fact and a few behind his ear and a few on his left and one on hie arm pit . he his normal self running about giggling being hyper !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• As it's random, chicken pox would be my first guess.
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 4:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• There are other signs to chicken pox. Has he had a fever in the past few days? Low grade counts. Has he had a runny nose like a cold? If so then it can be.

Answer by gemgem at 11:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I don't think they're raised enough or red enough to be chicken pox but I don't know for sure, especially from the picture.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• it could also be a heat rash i say keep an eye on it if he is scratching calamine lotion and call dr
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• The pictures aren't coming out good so I can't tell. Just call the doctor's office in the morning and describe it to them. My kids were miserable and not running around being hyper. Their throat hurt (pox inside) and laid in bed eating popcicles to make the throat feel better. I'd check out that site above that shoes pox pix.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Is he scratching them or complaining that they itch? It doesn't look like chicken pox to me but it's hard to tell in the picture. I'd just make him an appointment tomorrow
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 11:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• It's possible, you might want to check with his doctor. When I had the chicken pox when I was 16 it looked similar and my symptoms didn't start the same day as the rash.
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• there only one or two raised will try to get a photo of the raised one dr not open till tomorrow . i get dh to take him temp
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• http://dermatology.about.com/od/dermphotos/ig/Chicken-Pox-Pictures/
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• check in his mouth. when i had chicken pox when i was a kid i got them inside my mouth too.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2011