Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So frustrated! How can she do this??

So my fiance's daughter lives with his ex wife at the moment but they dont have a formal custody agreement (we're currently seeking full custody). He called her to ask if he could see her this weekend if he didnt have to work. And that was fine earlier this week. But then he called to see if he could see her today as he didnt have to work, and she said he couldn't see her and that it wasn't his weekend and if he wanted to see her he would have to pay her electric bill. Are you kidding me??? How can she do this??? Is this not illegal??? What can we do or what would you do?? I can't believe that she would keep him from her like this and use her as a bargaining tool. It makes me sick.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (14)
  • You need to cintinue with going to court and getting everything legal. Including child support and visitation.
    Until then, there really isn't much you can do...

    Answer by SassySue123 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • document this and make sure the courts are aware. Does he pay child support?

    Answer by vntNyll at 11:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • Document this as much as possible and add it to your case. And don't pay it.

    Answer by ochsamom at 11:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • Yes maam he pays her every week.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • Document everything.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • We refuse to pay it... altogether he's given her about $15 K in the last year just to "help" her because she would always play the daughter card...and of course he always felt bad. But he finally put his foot down and stopped giving her extras. She's too lazy to get off her butt and get a job and thinks living off childsupport is okay.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • That is NOT cool. Document everything, and I wish you good luck with the custody hearing.

    Answer by SWasson at 11:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • Document . Document. Document. Why she said no may or may not be allowed in court (unless you have it recorded) but at least th C.S. order he needs to make sure that he has a recipt or a check that says for CHILD SUPPORT on it or it won't count and be considred a "gift". have a calender and put down every call made and the results every visit EVERYTHING. Keep copy of all emails, text, any V.M. have a transcript and also have them available.
    Its not a gaurentee that everything will be allowed BUT its better to be over prepared than under.

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • Idk if its the same there but here we dealtwith the cops over who can see their kids when anf they told us that as long as he is allowed to see her in the current custody agreement he has just as much of a right to see her as her mom,.so technically if hr says he wants to.see her and legally can he has every right to go over to see her, if she starts something the cops will come and tell her he has a rigjt to see her, that would also help with documentation having a real report to use in court. Thats what we were told at a police station here, and tgats in kansas which generally sides with mothers.

    Answer by husky_grlie08 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • No she can't do that, legally (about the electric bill). She doesn't have to let her go if it's her weekend though. She's obviously being a witch.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.