Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Just hire an attorney

I love it when people answer your question, with just hire an attorny or you need to seek legal counsel.
If my ex was paying child support. I would have the money to hire an attorney, but then I wouldn't need an attorney, now would I?
Its so damn frustrating!!
I make to much for welface, food stamps, ect.
Yet, I do good to put food on the table.
What the hell????
Life sucks! Our government sucks! What do other countries do with deadbeat dads?
I often think, if all the dads paid child support, how many kids would be off welfare or not getting medical care for free, ect.
Umm, help the u.s. economy and track down the deadbeats!
Why is this always put on the back burner of the law?
These our children!
Maybe I just don't understnad!!!!!


Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I dunno about your state, but most states have a child support enforcement of some sorts that you can go to for help free of your charge, they charge the dads. If you do have some type of legal agreement with the ex you should be able to talk to someone within the DA's office and get some help. If it was optained through the courts usually they don't charge the mother for raising contempt of court charges on the ex. Just talk to someone in DA's office, free of charge, or contact child support enforcement. These are the best ways to get help free of charge for the mother. When you do this make sure you have your court documents with you and records of any payments the ex has made, if there are any. Good-luck!

    Answer by ramita at 11:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • I'm sorry that you're feeling screwed by your situation, but it really wouldn't be reasonable advice to say "change the entire legal system."

    Answer by SWasson at 12:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • I think you can get an attorney that will work for you until your child support comes,, i also think if you know where the ex is you can file the child support papers yourself.

    Answer by kimigogo at 12:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • What exactly do you need help on? Do you want to know how to go about getting child support? What state are you in?

    Answer by lvm0130 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • Does your state have legal aid? My friend was able to get her entire divorce and child support without ever paying an attorney

    Answer by vntNyll at 12:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • Duh. If I knew where he was id turn him in. There is no legal aid in this small town. And don't they just help you file with the state attorney, that's already done for years.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • whatabout the mpoyers whohire them?and pay them cash?
    Family members that help them hide frm the law? Isn't that like harboring someone?
    my ex is like 34,000 behind.
    are you in the same situation? anything being done to help you? and your kids?
    Have you figured out anything out there to help?
    still ranting and frustrated, before someone goes off. we were married, all my kids are by the same father. I'm not one of those who have six kids by all different fathers. We have three kids.
    How do I know, if my ex is even still alive? If he was dead wouldn't my kids get his social secuity? i'm assumng he's still alive and we're still sufferning.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

  • oh forgot to tell you, you shouldn't have to know where he's at just his SSN and his last known address and employment. It may take time for them to track him down, but if you stay on them about it they will find him and require him to pay something. If he's filing taxes then any income tax he gets will be sent to you and things like that. Good-luck!!!

    Answer by ramita at 11:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • He must have not filed income tax last year cuz I didn't get his income tax as I have in the past years.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011