Struggling...

So I just read my weekly sermon and it was about listening to your conscience, which can be God's guidance. Immediately, I have all these doubts thinking I'm doing everything wrong. Now he is going to take everything away. Everything I'm happy with is probably wrong. I desire having children and maybe I shouldn't. I feel like everything I'm doing is completely not ok. I hate this, I do have anxiety but I don't know why I keep feeling this way. Is this what God is trying to tell me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Go and talk to your pastor/ religious leader. They can really help you out with that. A lot of that could be anxious self-talk, and it is really good that you are aware of the specifics. Because you can't correct the anxious thinking without knowing the exact dialogue. Godd luck.
    Anonymous

• Buy Joyce Meyers Book Battlefield of the mind
    Anonymous

• I think I'm doing everything thing wrong. God is going to take everything away from me. He doesn't want me to be happy. God doesn't want me to have children. Honey, that's stinkin thinkin and the devil is planting these thoughts in your head and you're giving heed to him. God loves you. He wants to bless you and He wants you to be happy. Jesus came to give you life, and life more abundantly. I agree with Anon; Battlefield of the Mind is an awesome book. I think it would really help you to straighten out your thinking. Good luck.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• You should seek your pastor's guidance.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Religion breeds fear. Fear of sin. Fear of hell. Fear of a god who rains down punishment for even the slightest infraction...and never bothers to warn you what those infractions might be. You'd have more luck seeing a psychologist.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:35 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Paul (in the New Testament) had a good conscience and look what he did.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 5:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I struggle with these types of thoughts too and I too have an anxiety disorder that is pretty severe. I just keep on trying to remind myself that the Bible tells me God has plans NOT to harm me but to give me a future. I had a horrible father growing up and I dont' know if you did, but if there was any negative older figure in your life, you might be equating God to that mean person. I do that and am not going to say I don't struggle with it still. My father was all about punishment all the time. He would make my sister and I go choose our own switches and he would also put me down on a daily basis, so whenever I do something wrong or don't feel I've done enough right, I see God there waiting to hurt me. Unfortunately it is natural and is programmed within those of us who had tough upbringings. I wish I could offer more positive. I'm kinda in the same boat. We just gotta keep believing til the sun comes out hun.
    KaleidoCurlz

Answer by KaleidoCurlz at 7:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Unfortunately it's probably your emotional programming that began when you were born, on average people put them selves down 36 times a day. The secret is to see the positive, focus on the positive, & live the positive. It's your creation, God just wants you to be happy, remember we are all one, happiness & relationships are the most important, the specifics are not.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 1:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2011