Do you claim to be Athiest, but celebrate some holidays?

If so, what holidays do you recognize and why? Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I am Agnostic, not Atheist, but I love the holidays and I celebrate them for what they are...a celebration of the changing of the seasons.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• What's agnostic?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• spiritual but not RELIGIOUS per se. I believe in a force but it may not be in the form that Christians do, for example.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Why would you say "claim" instead of "if you are"? That sounds a little... odd.
    Anyway, I'm not Atheist, nor Agnostic, but plenty of my friends are.

A lot of holidays have real historical or symbolic meaning that is non-religious in nature, and therefore, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to celebrate them.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I'm agnostic as well.

I celebrate pretty much all of the "popular" holidays...Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, stuff like that. They're times for getting the family together, having good food, and spreading goodwill to me. Nothing more, nothing less.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2008