Have you ever saved someone's life?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 12:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes, as I was stopped on a highway to adjust a mattress that I was moving, a car flew past and straight into a ravine. There were 2 toddlers in there with their mom. Flagged down some help as I didn't have a cell phone at the time and got everyone out to a safe place in case the car was about to blow up. It was a miracle but there were no injuries
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i saved a two year old from choking. I was at work in my pharmacy when a this guy ran to me screaming his baby was choking. He had given him a gummy worm from the Brachs display.Kid was already turning blue. I pulled it out of the baby's throat and he threw up all over the dad. The dad was pissed at me for the baby throwing up on him. I told him next time dont steal candy for your kid
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• wow Shiva, the guy had the gall to get mad at you?? you saved his kid's life! He should be on his knees thanking you!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I too. saved a lil one from choking on a hard candy. I was with my friend who was babysitting & she let her have hard candy. She was only about one . I said no but she says I'm babysitting . As soon as she started choking ,my friend covered her head with a pillow. I was terrified. ( I was only 13) But I knew I had to do something so I was going to tip her upside down & as I was I pressed down under her ribs & out it flew. What a relief!. I didn't know the Heimlich then. So the baby cries & then the friend uncovers her head with a pillow & says come here. But she didn't' want any part of her. Seriously, she was turning blue & I don't think wouldn't been her today had I not been there.
    sweetsinglemama

Answer by sweetsinglemama at 1:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• yes, back in the day I used to be a party girl. I was a designated thinker at a party one night and my friend's husband overdosed on meth. I had to give him CPR. The emts had said if it werent for me acting so fast he would of died. now this guy works in corrections and no longer uses drugs. by the way i have been clean since that night, 10 years drug free
    GypsyMoon605

Answer by GypsyMoon605 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I saved my son's life! Isaiah was 10 months old and got a button off a teddy bear and was choking I used the Heimlich and saved him!
    Jennifer8187

Answer by Jennifer8187 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2011