• In the Spotlight:

Did you get picked on growing up? Or were you the one doing the picking?

I was always fresh meat for the bullies. I was soooo eager to please and make friends. It lead to me doing homework for people who hated me, being stood up, and eventually an eating disorder. I wish I knew then what I know now, I would have had the wisdom to tell them to F*CK off. I have picked on some people. I pick on the bullies now, so I guess I'm the bully of bullies. Lol. I don't let people get away with crappy attitudes towards others.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 3:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• haha i was the little girl who was a foot taller than everyone else in her grade and beat up all the boys in the playground haha.
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 3:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Sounds a lot like me. I was always bullied, called names, etc. Now I am the bully I guess because I won't take crap from anyone, especially when it comes to my kids.

I used to be so skinny people thought I was anorexic until my mom would offer anyone who said something to take me to eat to see how much I could pack down!!! LOL

I had a teacher once tell me that if I stood sideways and stuck out my tongue I would look like a zipper!

My mom once bought me a giraffe keychain cause the long neck reminded her of me!

I could go on for days!

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK is a great bumper sticker! LOL
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 3:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I guess neither. I mean there were some boys that would pick on me but that was always because they liked me. I have picked on others to look cool when I was young. I feel bad about that still but I was a young kid and didn't know how to handle peer pressure. Hell, I still have problems with it sometimes although I would NEVER hurt someone's feelings on purpose anymore.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I never had issues with others, but my brothers were terrible. My oldest bro would sit on my head and fart until I gave him the TV remote. When we'd be in the car on long trips, he would lean over and breath VERY heavily through his nose, so that I wouldn't be surprised if snot was actually being sprayed on me. I would tattle on him and then sound like a moron for telling my parents that he was breathing on me, lol.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Damn! I just typed a whole message and my internet quit working..Sorry but i'm too lazy to do it again. lol
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 4:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I was picked on a lot in elementary school. By high school, no more. Middle school? Not really.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 4:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I was picked on middle school. I was shy, chubby and very withdrawn. I lost the baby fat, started working out, went blonde and I went from wallflower to total bombshell. I am still very insecure and my self-esteem is zero. I feel the complete opposite of how I look. I still get teased but hey revenge in looks is sweet. Sorry ladies,my bullies tried to throw chairs at me, pull my hair, hit me on the head and I can go on and on all because I would not join a gang and my mom called all their mothers looking for me one night. Sorry ladies tmi. But very good question Marylegirl.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I was never picked on..I think I had a lot of tude for being so little. I was/am always the smallest but I didn't know it I guess. Though I was "popular" (whatever in the heck that stands for or for whatever that matters these days...) but I was the one who seemed to always be sticking up for the kids that were being picked on. I guess I have always been sort of proud that I didn't ever get into the bullying thing...and well I never got bullied either.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:28 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i always got picked on! but i didn't take any shit either! i was one of the "badasses" smoking in the bathrooms and everyone knew if i didn't stand up for myself then my sister would whoop their ass!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 8:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• There were a few guys that flirted with me by picking on me in elementary school...you know like young boys do, but for the most part, I was neither bullied or the bully. I was just there.
    LilMae.N.MDJr

Answer by LilMae.N.MDJr at 9:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2008