Period / birthcontrol pill adult content

I started my period July 1st and also started taking lo estrin 24 birth control pill.. Ive been taking the pill regularly everyday since.. and i figured it would shorten my period if anything. My periods usually last 4-5 days tops with light spotting the last day.. years ago the longest i ever got it was 7 days and that was light.. i am now on day 10 of light bleeding!! why wont my period end!! is it because of the pill? im very confused? any info that can help would be great! thanks.

kp0469

Asked by kp0469 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2011 in Health

• Your body goes out of whack when switching going on a BC. Your body's trying to regulate it's self with the pill, it the bleeding continues like this over the next month or 2 I would recommend switching to a different BC!
    something_

Answer by something_ at 12:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i agree ^.^
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Your body is just adjusting to the hormones. give it time for your body to respond and get in synch.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• im now on day 11 -- how long should i expect this to last.. ? i used to be on this same BC before we started trying for our son [whos now 2 1/2 yrs old] so i know its been awhile but i dont rememeber this happening lol its still sorta light / regular.. but gets lighter at night and then tends to totally stop all night.. i dont have to wear a pad or anything to bed! but after that morning pee.. i have to put one right back on! ughh just sick of having my period. I went on BC to prevent getting prego and its sure doing its job! my husband and i havent had sex in weeks and are both getting antsy but i just feel gross and blah! I hoped starting the pill would to shorten my period not extend it so it would last forever! lol Thanks everyone.
    kp0469

Comment by kp0469 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2011